II.OUR OUT PATIENT SERVICES
1. Local OP
· Daily OP from 8.30am to 11.30am
· Treatment for all common ailments
· Minor surgical procedures
· Referral services
· Training of House surgeons to function as Primary Health care Physicians
· Daily Life style modification clinic
· Disease surveillance
· Health Education
2. Preventive Clinic.
· Daily OP from 9 am to 11.30 am
· Round the clock administration of Anti rabies vaccinations and Anti Rabies Serum.
· Acts as a Model IDRV Clinic and provides training on IDRV to all health related staff in
· Routine immunization and Optional Vaccination.
· Training of House surgeons
· Training of MSc Nursing, General Nursing, BSc Nursing and Nursing interns.
· Health Education to public
· Issuing Vaccination Certificate
· Routine reporting and surveillance activities
III .OUT REACH SERVICES
Conducts epidemic investigation during various disease outbreaks
Professor,Co-ordinator RPEID Cell and Entomologist are members of District RRT(Rapid Response Team)
Co-ordination and conducting out reach clinic in remote areas of Idukki district.
Conducting medical camp in association with various NGOs
Manpower support for Geriatric clinic
IV. DISEASE SURVEILLANCE
There is a Regional PEID (Prevention of Epidemic and Infectious Disease) cell functioning under the department with Associate Professor as the Co-ordinator. Daily report of communicable diseases are collected from all Medicine units, Infectious disease units, Paediatrics and local OP. District wise break up of data is send to respective district IDSP units and entire data is send to State PEID cell and SDCMC(State Disease Control and Monitoring Cell) daily through e-mail.
V. TRAINING ACTIVITIES
· Acts as a nodal centre for health related training activities
· Faculty of the department acts as resource person for various training programmes
· Recent activities include training of ASHA workers, Anganwadi workers and Health volunteers
VI. OUR PERIPHRAL TRAINING CENTERS
· KMCH Centre, Ettumanoor
This Training centre is under direct control of Principal, Medical College, Kottayam. Assistant Professor in Community Medicine is the Administrative Medical Officer of this Institution. The centre caters a population of around 50,000. Round the clock services are provided besides the basic lab services. This centre is giving training to Interns, Nursing and other paramedical professionals.
· PHC, Kumarakom
· Block PHC, Athirampuzha
· Block PHC, Koodalloor
VII.RESEARCH GUIDANCE PROGRAMME 2010 FOR POST GRADUATES
Department of Community medicine organized 5th Research Guidance Programme 2010 for post graduate students of Medical College,Kottayam on 26th and 27th October 2010 at Learning Resource Center,MCK
KMCH Centre, Ettumanoor
Health Education by 5th semester students
Out reach Medical Camp at Vandiperiyar
Research Guidance Programme for PGs
Community Medicine Scheduler release